Fike suppression systems are designed to detect and chemically suppress an explosion in its earliest stages-before an explosion can cause a disaster or become catastrophic. While unsuppressed explosion pressures reach dangerous levels in less than 50 milliseconds, Fike's unique technology can detect and respond in less than 1 millisecond - averting a catastrophe!
Additionally, a Fike suppression system reduces the propagation of any flames to other process equipment. Patented container and nozzle designs minimize flow restrictions, helping extinguish the explosion faster and minimizing pressure build-up inside the process equipment. The suppression container has no moving parts or wear points, increasing the reliability of your Fike suppression system.
An explosion suppression system from Fike offers MANY other distinct ADVANTAGES:
- Suppresses Class ST III dust explosion hazards - offering your business the highest level of industrial explosion protection.
- Patented dispersion nozzles provide full coverage and increase agent discharge velocity.
- Fike control circuit designs provide continued service even if two of the wires become severed.
- Prevents pressure piling and secondary explosions with interconnected equipment.
- Retains toxic or valuable material within the process equipment.
- The GCA provides a safer, more reliable initiation device.
- Options are available for a variety of agents and special sanitary applications.
Knowing the explosibility characteristics of the potential fuel is necessary to design an effective explosion suppression system. Fike has its own facility to perform these, as well as other pertinent tests, to help identify which safety and protection equipment is correct for your application. Fike provides solution-based designs so you can expect an explosion protection strategy based on your specific needs.
Fike also offers an HRD Lockout Assembly, a mechanical barrier used to prevent an accidental discharge of an explosion suppression container (HRD) into the process vessel during maintenance and cleaning of the vessel and/or protection system. Available in 4" and 6" sizes, Fike's HRD Lockout Assembly is fully compatible with all existing Fike explosion suppression installations. The product can also be installed in hazardous area locations with use of an optional intrinsic safety barrier.
Data Sheets and Brochures