Fike Corporation and Fike Video Analytics Corporation both require each distributor to maintain factory-trained personnel on staff for each type of system they plan to design, sell, install and maintain. Registration information is available under Login > Training. If you have not already registered for access to Fike Training, please do so as soon as possible at External Partner Training. This document provides the Training Schedule, Training Cost, Course Overviews, and Local Hotel Rates.
Persons that attend our training schools and pass their examination(s) will obtain their certification for two years. Prior to the expiration of the certification, you will need to log into Fike Training, purchase and successfully complete a recertification course. All resources required to complete this course can be found on the website. To maintain certification you must recertify for each product certification you hold. Failure to have someone at your company maintain their certification(s) will jeopardize the company’s ability to purchase product or to obtain or renew a software license.
SHP Pro Training
Online training for the SHP Pro panel is available through Fike Training. This innovative approach to training allows you to save time and expense by learning about this panel using a unique and comprehensive tool to receive your certification. You are not required to come to Blue Springs to become certified on SHP Pro.
Fike Video Training
Each Fike training course incorporates embedded videos and quizzes. Additionally, Fike’s training platform supports on-line training. Fike is working to increase online certification classes in topics such as Video Analytics and Precise Vision.
If you are interested in a Fike representative coming to your location for on-site training, please use the contact form below to request an estimate of charges. The requirements for on-site training are as follows:
- Provide a location to properly set up training. Requirements depend on product.
- Trainer(s) expenses including travel, meals, and lodging.
- Shipping and handling costs for items associated with the training.
- A minimum of 10 students must be signed up before a training class will be conducted. Students should NOT make travel arrangements until the class is confirmed. Fike will not be responsible for any expenses related to travel arranged prior to confirmation.
- Training is paid for at the time of registration through credit card. Training charges are processed via the Fike Training web page. If you need to cancel, please reschedule your training through Fike Training.
- Dress Code is “Business” Casual. NO shorts and/or sandals will be permitted.
- Fike prohibits the use of any and all traditional tobacco smoking products, smokeless tobacco, and high-tech smoking devices such as e-cigarettes outside of the external designated smoking areas: Non-smoking areas include vehicles, parking lot, and buildings.
- The following items and materials are furnished by Fike at training programs:
- Training Support Material
- Breakfast, lunch and beverages throughout the day at the Blue Springs, MO classes (please let us know of any special dietary needs)
- Attendees are responsible for the following:
- Hotel, travel, meals and any other miscellaneous expenses
- Windows Laptop computers with program software and software keys
- All training registration will be on a first come basis and registration MUST be done using the online registration process! Faxed POs will NOT be accepted for registration. If you show up for training without pre-registration you may be denied entry.
- All classes are full days, 8:00 am –4:30 pm. Please make travel plans accordingly. Leaving early could jeopardize receiving certification.
Fike training classes are designed to give students the understanding they will need to design, install, and maintain Fike systems. The following are lists of the topics covered during the respective courses:
Detection & Control Product Training – CyberCat / Cheetah Xi / Voice Messaging/Precise Graphics/VESDA /Video Analytics:
- Module features and capabilities
- Proper system design procedures
- Software training: Software for Detection and Control Systems are provided as part of the training package.
- Installation procedures and requirements
- Maintenance procedures and troubleshooting
Suppression Product Training – ECARO-25 / ProInert / Industrial CO2 / HFC227ea / DuraQuench:
- Features and benefits of system hardware
- Understanding proper application of each agent
- Hazard analysis and design
- Piping limitations and installation requirements
- Flow Calculation training
- Code requirement/review
Local Hotel Rates
Comfort Suites (816)373.9880 Fike Rate $95.00
19751 E. Valley View Parkway
Independence, MO 64057 Comfort Suites Fike Booking Link
Hot breakfast included in rate.
Courtyard Marriott (816)228.8100 Fike Rate $94.00
1500 NE Coronado Drive
Blue Springs, MO 64014
Voucher for free hot breakfast. When booking online use code FIK to receive reduced rate.
Drury Inn & Suites (816)795.9393 Fike Rate $109.00/$126.00*
20300 E. 42nd St. *Rate includes transportation to and from Fike, available upon request.
Blue Springs, MO 64015 Drury Inn & Suites Independence
Free hot breakfast and light dinner buffet. Fresh popcorn (3-10pm daily).
Holiday Inn Express (816)795.8889 Fike Rate $104.00
19901 E Valley View Pkwy
Independence, MO 64057 Holiday Inn Fike Booking Link
Breakfast included in rate.
Staybridge Suites (IHG Hotel) (816)994-2700 Fike Rate $102.00/$199.00*
19400 E 39th Place South *2 bedroom suite
Independence, MO 64057 Fike Booking Link
Hot breakfast daily, light dinner buffet w/beer & wine (Mon-Wed).
Stoney Creek (800)659.2220 Fike Rate $94.00
18011 Bass Pro Drive (816)908.9600 (Sunday-Thursday)
Independence, MO 64055
Includes continental breakfast and 10% off all purchases at Bass Pro with room key.
Quality Inn & Suites (816)373.9880 Fike Rate $84.00
3120 NW Jefferson St
Blue Springs, MO 64015 Quality Inn Fike Booking Link
Includes continental breakfast
Hotel rates are subject to change. Please request the Fike corporate rate when reserving your room.
You can also take advantage of Fike’s discount with National and Enterprise car rental. Please reference our contract identification number, XZ05127. National Enterprise Car Rental