As a Fike distributor, your company is required to maintain factory-trained personnel on staff for each type of Fike system sold, designed, installed and maintained.
This document provides instructions on how to stay trained and certified as a Fike fire alarm and fire suppression distributor.
Successful completion of the Fike training program and exam results in a two-year certification.
To maintain your certification, recertify at myFike.com prior to the expiration date for each product certification you hold. Failure to maintain certification(s) for all applicable employees will jeopardize your company’s ability to purchase product or to obtain or renew a software license.
SHP Pro Training – Training, materials and certification for the SHP Pro panel are available at myFike.com.
Video Analytics Training – Videos for training and continued education for Fike Video Analytics are available at myFike.com. However, on-site training is still required for certification.
If you are interested in a Fike representative visiting your location for on-site training, Fike requires:
- a location to properly set up training. Requirements depend on product.
- all expenses paid for the trainer(s) for travel, meals and lodging.
- all shipping costs paid for items associated with the training, including panels, manuals, literature and any other items required by the particular product.
Please sign up for all training schools at myFike.com.
Detection & Control Course Overview
These training classes are designed to give students the understanding needed to design, install and maintain Fike detection systems. The following topics are covered during Detection & Control Product Training:
- Module features and capabilities
- Proper system design procedures
- Software training: Software for detection and control systems are provided as part of the training package
- Installation procedures and requirements
- Maintenance procedures and trouble shooting
Suppression Course Overview
These training classes are designed to give students the understanding needed to design, install and maintain Fike suppression systems. The following topics are covered during Suppression Product Training:
- Features and benefits of system hardware
- Understanding proper application of each agent
- Hazard analysis and design
- Piping limitations and installation requirements
- Flow Calculation training
- Code requirements
- Minimum of 10 students per training class must be signed up to qualify
- Students should not make travel arrangements until the class is verified that it will be held
- Fike will not be responsible for charges incurred if arrangements are made prior to verification that the class will be held
- Payment will be required at time of registration
- Credit cards are the only accepted form of payment at this time
- If you need to cancel, please reschedule your training through myFike
- All training registration is on a first come basis. Registration MUST be done using the online registration process
- Faxed POs will NOT get you signed up for the class. If you show up for training without pre-registration, you may be denied entry
- Classes are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and are typically held during the work week. Please make travel plans accordingly
- Leaving early could jeopardize receiving certification
- The following items and materials are furnished by Fike at training programs:
- Training Support Material
- Breakfast, lunch and beverages at Blue Springs, MO classes (please let us know of any special accommodations needed)
- Attendees are responsible for the following:
- Hotel, travel, meals and any other miscellaneous expenses
- Laptop computers with program software and software keys
- Fike prohibits the use of any and all traditional tobacco smoking products, smokeless tobacco, and high-tech smoking devices such as e-cigarettes outside of the external designated smoking areas (including in your vehicle and the parking lot or buildings on campus)
- Dress code is business casual. No shorts or sandals.
For any other questions about Fike’s Training Programs, please contact Jill Sanders at 816-655-4165 or Jill.Sanders@fike.com.