The CV, or Composite Vent, is a simple, reliable explosion vent. The flat CV layers stainless steel and fluoropolymer to create a high performance explosion vent which provides excellent service life for static to light pressure cycling and light vacuum conditions.
- Operating ratio up to 60 – 75% of the min. stamped burst pressure
- Full controlled opening
- Optimal vent area (100 % Venting Efficiency)
- Simple installation and virtually maintenance-free
- Supports applications in static environments
How Explosion Venting Works
Explosion venting, one of the most common and effective forms of explosion protection, offers overpressure protection from potential industrial explosion hazards by providing a planned pathway for the expanding gases to escape.
|Design||Rectangular and round versions, Composite|
|Burst Pressure Range||0.5 to 10.0 PSIG||35 – 690 MBARG||0.04 – 0.7 KG/CM2|
|Burst Pressure Tolerance||±0.25 PSIG (<1.0 PSIG)||±0.5 PSIG (1.0 – 4.0 PSIG)||±1.0 PSIG (>4.0 PSIG)|
|Process Temp Range||-40 – 500° F||-40 – 260° C|
- X.1.14.01 – CV Explosion Vents
- X.1.14.02ES – CV Explosion Vents (Spanish)
- X.2.14.01 – CV, CV-CF, CV-S Explosion Vents
- X.2.14.07ESES – CV, CV-CF, CV-S Explosion Vents (Spanish)