Fike has an extensive line of standard rupture discs and bursting discs. But when your situation demands a different approach, our experienced engineers and technical staff are ready. Our attention to detail and willingness to explore each application’s unique requirements has led to many satisfied customers … and a long list of innovative, patented products.
Flexibility of design, a wide range of materials and extensive rupture disc engineering expertise make Fike uniquely capable of building the precise products for your sealing, venting, small space, pressure relief valve protection or other special requirements. Fike begins by gathering as much information as possible about your rupture disc application needs. Our engineers consider all of the performance factors, including type of pressure relief application, operating conditions, inlet/outlet configurations, rupture disc specifications and special processes. Critical factors from rupture disc burst pressures to response time and leakage requirements are all examined to meet your specific needs.
Due to the critical nature of some applications, special testing procedures and equipment can be used to accurately simulate your rupture disc application conditions. Fike has a comprehensive program of destructive and non-destructive tests, and utilizes its ownto test and certify your custom products.
- Burst Pressures: 0.5 – 100,000 PSIG depending on size, flow requirements and material
- Back Pressure: Several times the rated burst pressure
- Operating Temperature: -320° F to 1000° F with special heat reduction
- Burst Tolerance: ± 2% to ± 5%
- Critical Leakage: Most do not exceed 1 X 10-8 cc Helium/sec
- Operating Pressure: As high as 95% of the disc rating