FIKE EXTERNAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Thank you for your interest in Fike Corporation our organization, products and services. Your privacy is important to us. We take the protection of your personal data and its confidential treatment very seriously. If you are a citizen or resident of a country within European Economic Area (“EEA”), then your data will be processed exclusively within the legal framework of the data protection provisions of the European Union, particularly the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”). This data protection privacy statement provides you with information about the processing of your personal data and your data protection rights when using our website.
For the purposes of this privacy statement, “We”, “Our”, “Us”, refers to Fike Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
1. Which information (including personal data) do we collect about you and why?
Information you give us: We collect, store and process all the information you enter on our websites or provide to us for sale of our services or products, or for purchase from you of your services or products.
To obtain information about our services or products, we may require some information from you including your name, surname, business title and contact information including your email address to be able to send you information about our services or products.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your name, surname and email address to be able to send our newsletter to you in a personal manner.
To provide you with our services or products, we may require some information from you including your name, surname, business title and contact information including your email address and physical address for shipping or otherwise making arrangements to provide you with the requested services or products. We may also require your financial contact information to provide you with our services or products.
To purchase from you any services or products, we may require some information from you including your name, surname, business title and contact information including your email address.
You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of all our services.
We collect the following information:
- Plugins (apps/tools) Installed
Crazy Egg allows you to get access to your website’s heat map, take digital snapshots that display your visitors’ click behavior.
Google Analytics is a website traffic analysis application that provides real-time statistics and analysis of user interaction with the website.
Google Tag Manager manages and deploys marketing tags (snippets of code or tracking pixels) on Fike.com. Information from one Fike.com is shared with Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager.
Conductor is a website traffic analysis application that uses a service to evaluate on-page traffic statistics and opportunities.
Yoast SEO provides options to optimize pages for search engines, connects to social sites and shares user data with social sites. May not be relevant for Fike.com
- Marketing Tools
SalesForce and Pardot Salesforce is a customer relationship management solution, Pardot is the marketing automation tool from Salesforce that allows Fike marketing and sales to nurture leads and opportunities.
MailChimp is a web-based email marketing service.
Constant Contact provides email, social media and event marketing tools
Internet Protocol (IP) Address; Browser type and Version; Geolocation; Clicking-behaviour. We collect this information for functional and analytical purposes.
Examples of Cookies We Use
- Functional cookies help us to provide you a website that is user-friendly. These cookies allow us to remember your browser settings, so you can view our website optimally.
- Analytical cookies are used to optimize our website’s experience. It collects information on your behaviour on our website. For example, on which page of our website you are on, for how long you visit that page, etc.
- Commercial cookies: Customer name, email address, telephone number and customer message
2. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep personal data about you only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or as required under any contract or by applicable law. For example, when you subscribe to our newsletter, we keep your personal data as long as you do not unsubscribe.
3. Your rights regarding your personal data
Once you have provided us your data, either actively or automatically, you have the right to:
- Request access to the personal data we have from you;
- Request a rectification, erasure, restriction of processing of your personal data;
- Object to processing;
- Data portability (meaning to request your data to be transferred to another organization in machine readable standard format);
- File a complaint with a supervisory authority.
4. We commit to protect your personal data
We are committed to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal data. We use appropriate technical and organizational measures in such a manner that processing will meet the requirements of applicable laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the California Consumer Protection Act of 2018 (see item 10 below). Further, We do not sell consumers’ personal information to ensure the protection of your rights.
Accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party.
If you have any questions about how we handle or protect your personal data, please contact us.
5. Where is the Website hosted and the data located?
The website is hosted by WP Engine in North America, the European Union and Asia. Your personal information is safely stored in North America, the European Union and Asia.
6. Do we share information with third party service providers?
We share any information, including customer information you provided to us with our distributors, third party companies or individuals globally for the following reasons:
- To sell and/or provide our Products
- To facilitate our Services;
- To provide the Services on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services;
- Or to assist us in analyzing how our Services is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
7. Links to Other Websites
Do we transfer your data outside the EEA?
Because of the international nature of our business, we may need to transfer your Personal Data within the JP Cornerstone group, and to third parties as described below, in connection with the purposes set out in this Notice. For this reason, we may transfer your Personal Data to other countries that may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements to those that apply in the country in which you are located. We transfer your information to our distributors, third party companies or individuals globally to provide Fike products and services.
We may disclose your Personal Data to other entities within the Fike Corporation group, for legitimate business purposes (including operating our Websites, and providing services to you), in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Data to:
- Legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors to JP Cornerstone, subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality;
- third party Processors (such as payment services providers; shipping companies; etc.), located anywhere in the world, subject to the requirements noted above in this Section 8;
- any relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights;
- any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security; and
- any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Data, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Fike Europe BVBA
2200 Herentals BELGIE
Attn: Fike Legal Dept. / GDPR
If you are a resident of California as defined in the California Code of Regulations (18 CCR § 17014), you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
Effective January 1, 2020, the CCPA allows California residents to request: access to their personal information in a portable and readily usable form; disclosure of the specific categories of, and sources for, personal information that the company has collected about you; the business or commercial purposes for collecting the personal information; the categories of third parties with which the information was shared; and, deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
You must verify your identity before we will fulfill your request. As a part of this verification process, government identification may be required. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney and the requester’s valid government-issued identification.
You have the right to make a request two times in a 12-month period, free of charge. We will respond within 45 days of receiving your request, unless we request an extension. In the event a 45-day extension is needed, we will notify you of the extension within the initial 45-day period.
As defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law,” California residents may annually request and obtain information free of charge about what personal information is disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing use within the prior calendar year. Fike Corporation does not sell or share your personal information with other businesses for direct marketing.
Users in Australia can contact us to discuss any concerns or you may choose to complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at:
704 SW 10th Street
Blue Springs, Missouri 64015
Attn: Fike Legal Dept. / Chief Privacy Officer
We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and will make every reasonable effort to honor your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and, in any event, within the timeframes provided by data protection laws.
12. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Fike Corporation reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement Notice at any time. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement Notice, we will post the revised notice here and update the effective date.
Updated by Fike Corporation Legal Department – 6 January 2020